Now I stand by my protein pancake batter recipe, but for some silly reason, I felt insanely compelled to adjust it for protein waffles. It probably had something to do with the fact that I impulse-bought this ADORABLE little waffle iron from Amazon, and I’m also anal as hell and wanted a way to make my pancakes more uniform in size and texture.
So, here we are. It’s the same basic recipe as my protein pancakes, but made to be a little bit thicker for optimum waffle creation.
FYI, if you’re currently tracking calories/macros, when made to be roughly the size of a toaster waffle, these come out to about 56 calories each, and the macros (below) are pretty on-point too.
– 2/3c old fashioned oats
– 1/2c nonfat cottage cheese
– 3/4c egg whites (whole egg whites or thicker carton egg whites – I use Reddiegg or Egg Beaters rather than 100% egg whites, because some mixtures are too thin)
– ~1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder (I use Optimum Nutrition brand)
– cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla flavoring to taste
- Turn on waffle iron to heat and lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Blend all ingredients in blender.
- Cook on waffle iron according to iron directions.
- These turn out a little moist right off the iron, so I like to simply pop them in the toaster to crisp them up a bit before eating.
Servings: 9 (Eggo-sized) waffles
56 Calories/waffle – 5g Carbs |7g Protein | 1g Fat